1940s Weekend - First bookings made
Due to lots of early enquiries for this event the museum staff and volunteers are already making plans for another 1940s Weekend event; a two day event in October (Saturday 26 & Sunday 27, 2019) that will be commemorating the World War II era.
Throughout the two days there will be a host of 1940s related activities and entertainment taking place around the museum site, including alongside our famous Anderson Shelter/Dig for Victory Garden; the World War II era ROC Post; and in a marquee that will be erected alongside Hangar 2.
Invitations have been sent out to other groups and individuals that have relevant items for display and our organisers are keen to hear from anyone with the following types of display:
- Military or civilian vehicles - from 1940s (or before); with their occupants ideally dressing in period clothing
- Model displays of aircraft, ships & vehicles from the period
- Homefront re-enactment people/groups, dressed in period clothing, including those with vehicles & equipment as part of a display
- Cockpits/Aircraft/Aircraft Interior Displays/Engines from the WWII period
- WWII veteran associations or similar groups or those that support these groups
- Special rates for re-enactors and promenaders – FREE if booked in advance (before 9pm on Wednesday 23rd October 2019); and £4.50 per person in period clothing on the day
Everyone at the museum is looking forward to two days of nostalgia and commemorations. If you would like to participate you can contact our Events Team by sending an email via this Weblink Make sure that you wear your winter period clothing!
Normal museum admission fees will apply. Adults £9.00, Over 65s £8.00, Children £4.50 and Family ticket [2 adults & 3 children] £24.00.
Special rates for re-enactors and promenaders – FREE if booked in advance (before 9pm on Wednesday 23rd October 2019); and £4.50 per person in period clothing on the day.
Fiona Harrison “A Voice in a Million”
DJ Dave and 1940sradio.com
Vintage Sale Stalls
Aviation Book & Print Sales
Stephen Dring 3D display/sales
Sales - models & books
Visiting Vintage Displays
Paul Eastwood – period motorbikes
Derek & Marion Bacon – Morgan +4 car occupants dressed in 1940s RAF uniforms
Mel Voce – Notts & Derby Living History Group display & Jeep
Mark Robinson/Normandy Combat Engineers – 1 x 1943 Willys MB Jeep tents & display
Harry Webster – RAF ASR Staff Car, working RDF equipment
Vince & Joanna Bateman – Promenaders
Will & Diana Dancer – Promenaders/Reenactors
Derek Mason – Reenactors
Peter & Jenny Wilkinson – Promenaders RAF Sqn. Ldr & civilian
RAF Waddington Amateur Radio Club
Mark Marples – Model display
B Witched Sensations/Unicorn Sparkles – 1940s Sweets & retro gifts
N.B. the above listing only features groups or individuals that have sent through a completed booking form