Museum Shop Order & Collect
Throughout the Covid-19 lockdown we have been trying to work out ways of selling aviation kits and books, with the aim of getting the Museum Shop back towards some sort of normal operation. We had hoped to be opening the Museum Shop by early June, but that has now been delayed until mid -June.
However our Order & Collect system started to operate on Tuesday 2nd June 2020.
Our initial thought was to release copies of our stock lists, but without a proper interlinked database and an online shopping platform we realised that this would be too difficult, to ensure items were in stock. So as an alternative we have taken some photographs of the key sections of the Museum Shop to try and provide an idea of what is in stock. If you would like to receive copies of these via email, then please send us an EMAIL USING THIS LINK
[We will aim to reply within 12 hours!]
These main product areas are listed as:
Italeri Aircraft Kits
Revell Aircraft Kits
Airfix Aircraft Kits
Tamiya Aircraft Kits
Trumpeter Aircraft Kits
Assorted Aviation Books
Pre-owned Aviation Books
If you decide to make a purchase we would then reserve the kit for you to come and collect at a convenient time on the days that we are open – your purchase will need to be made by card payment over the telephone, or by cash when you come to collect the item(s).
We have completed a set of Covid-Secure Risk Assessments for the Collection Area in front part of the site and we will operate on the following basis:
- The Collection Area will be open on Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Opening times to collect will be 10am to 11am for museum members and 11am to 4pm for the public
- When you arrive you will need to call 07710 442719 to contact the member of staff who will bring out your order to the car parking area (please remember to bring your phone)
- Social distancing measures will be in place and Covid-Secure procedures will be used
- Normal access routes to the Collection Area will be in operation i.e. off Drove Lane via the entrance next to the Motor Auction Site
- A queuing area will be set up outside in the car parking area; N.B. there will be NO access to the wider museum site, display buildings or café
We appreciate that this is not a perfect solution, but it does act as a step towards normal opening and also it gives us a chance to fully evaluate how social distancing measures might need to be implemented in the Museum Shop when we try to open normally.
If you have any questions or product enquiries about how this will operate and you wish to talk to someone while the shop is open, during the above mentioned times and days, then please phone either: 01636 707170 or 07710 442719
Please don’t forget the #CovidCode20 offer that is detailed on our website. This 5% discount offer will apply for any purchase made in the Shop, but we are currently unable to offer the higher 10% discount offer. N.B. #CovidCode20 offer cannot be used in conjunction with the usual museum member discounts.
All profits from the Museum Shop are covenanted to the museum to help fund its on-going development; so rather than shopping online or elsewhere please pay us a visit soon and help support your aviation heritage!
We hope to see you in the coming weeks here at our